My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, India

"Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim" ~William Feather

Friday, September 28, 2007

Nirvana..?!!!!!!

Many moons ago while in college, there was this particular day when a session went on for 3 hours without a break. There were many a bladder full and waiting for release and nirvana. The lecture finished, and there was a mad dash to the rest room. The ones who could actually walk/jog/run without looking like something unpleasant stuck up their posteriors, made it there first. There was a collective sigh of relief, and AM’s voice piped up…


Maaann!…this is better than sex…!!!!!”


At that point in time, it was quite a statement to make. I am assuming that for most people in that rest room that day, it would have been slightly difficult to relate the two, since they would have only experienced nirvana from release of the bladder, and not the other bit.


He became a hero to some…and ostracized by the “OH MY GOD, HOW COULD YOU!” types.


While on the subject, I have come to notice two stances that men seem to take while doing the dew.


First – looking down. At what I can only imagine. Leaves me wondering if it is some form of a water fetish. Trying to figure out where the gush is coming from, like one doesn’t already know? Like one HAS to know? Or is it more the, “Oh, it’s still there, Am I glad or what?!!!”


Second – Looking up, head tilted to the heavens, with eyes closed. One is thanking the Almighty that HE/SHE got one to the restroom in time to avert an accident? Ideas seem to hit just at that precise moment? Or simply the self assurance that “I am complete and everything is where it has to be..!!!!!”


I, look straight ahead, and say a tiny prayer that I don’t splash my trousers, do the needful and get out with pants and pride intact.


Nirvana accomplished.

30 Comments:

Blogger DreamCatcher said...

hehehehhehehehe.....hilarious! And so true... :) You made me laugh in the middle of my office day with people staring at me!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger The Nomad said...

I would know only from the movies reference, but isn't there a third kind as well - the whistle your way through one?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ nomad - occassionally I guess.....I find that these two styles hold sway...: )

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is deeply amusing. :-P

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your lovely comment dusty...I really hope it will be ok too..

P.S I have a friend called Rusty, and he looks like he has rusted chains for breakfast..quite a character... !! :))

9:58 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ Idea - didn't realise that you still dropped by occassionally...thanks...: )

6:04 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@childwoman - it will, it will...remember...this too shall pass...chin up..be well...wishing you lots of lightness...!!
As regards Rusty...hhmmnnnn...i FEEL that way sometimes...: )

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

That is truly funny! What a start to my day...can't stop smiling!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@chandni - am glad you liked it...have a smile filled day...: )

11:16 AM  
Blogger RustyNeurons said...

Hilarious!

Was grinning away to glory when boss caught me :(

1:44 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@rusty - not too much trouble I hope?!!!!...am glad though to have gotten you to smile...: )

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your warm comment made me smile...thank you..

I was in Bangalore in May, business trip for a day. It was a good trip. I wanted to stay longer..Banglore is lovely....and people staying there too... :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

Consider another trip then, and not really business oriented. The weather is lovely now,much better than in May and well, like i promised, you will be leaving the city smiling and with a lot less heavy heart...GUARANTEED!!!! Leave me Monday, I have 3 long calls scheduled, but then i shall take off the rest of the time. You can meet up some of my pals, who will have you in splits, and well, honestly, some soul balm will happen, without a doubt...just get here lady...and thank you for the comment about us Bangaloreans...: )
Have a good weekend.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really tempted to come there. Your generous suggestion has sprouted a impossible wish in my heart to live my life. I dont know when / if I will, come there, and if I ever decide or if destiny agrees, I would love to come there on 22nd November..... :)) You have a good weekend too, Dusty..

12:05 AM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

What you doing awake so late eh? And why you at home and not partying?and why 22nd november? good god..dont tell me you have been reading all my posts...jeez..you muct think I am such a loser..fine..i am one..whats the harm..it takes all kinds to make this world right...: )

just get her buddy...promise..you will go back happy...: )

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loser eh?? then that makes two of us....! :) Well, actually my office in Port of Spain had some problems so I was up late speaking to them on emails and phone..otherwise I, usually hit the bed by 10....so much for partying... :) And if you want to speak to me on cyber, you can mail me at starinagalaxy@yahoo.co.in. I have also stored the number....you know just in case...!! :))

10:25 AM  
Blogger RustyNeurons said...

Hey i saw your message only today! lets plan it in a better manner next time.. btw, how do you know DC?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ Rusty - DC is a friend forever I think....sure rusty...we could plan it better and
lets try and catch up...it will be a pleasure...it was a spur of the moment
thing to leave you that message and hoping that you see it....hoping that
you are having a good weekend....if we meet up...we could then probably plan
movies..or get aways out of the city...it would be nice...stay well..and hey write..you haven't in a while..

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sent you a enote

4:04 PM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

Number on your blog! :) very shy arent you!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@Sere - well, well, well, welcome back...good to see you alive and kicking....: )

1:24 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ seren - keep guessing...: )

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey DF...time for a new post....!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger sinth said...

messy business really..
i can only imagine !

11:33 AM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ thinker - thank you for dropping by...well...not that messy...: )
have a good week ahead.

12:20 PM  
Blogger bhumika said...

first time on your blog and had a good laugh...

an enlightening post indeed :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

hello Bhu - thank you for dropping by. Hope you will continue to do so.
Have a lovely weekend..!!!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really hillarious!!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Dusty Fog said...

@ veens - : )

2:38 PM  
Blogger rads said...

LOL! Very funny :)

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home